Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas

The last week of school before Christmas break was so busy. I was trying to get all of our shopping, wrapping, etc. done before the kids got out. I also volunteered to help in each of their classrooms for their holiday parties. Maya's party landed on Thursday which was also PJ day at the school. The kids each decorated a sugar cone to look like a Christmas tree then they had a gift exchange in the gym with the entire 2nd grade.


This was the only picture I got from that day.

Josh's party was the next day. The kids rotated between 6 stations then had a snack at the end. I didn't get Josh's group until the very end of the rotation. Every chance I got I would look up to try and find him and he would be working at his station but also keeping an eye on me. I love that little sweetie and his little shy smile.



Nick took 4 days off before his company shut down for a few weeks, so he was able to be home while Cora napped. I felt very grateful for that. He has been working hard on our kitchen remodel. All of the wiring is basically done, except the lighting. Hopefully by the time he goes back to work we will be ready for the drywall guy to come. This is such a long process and I'm starting to go insane with all of the clutter. I feel fortunate that the kitchen is still usable though.

Christmas was nice this year. We had no commitments and kept it simple. We made homemade pizzas on Christmas Eve and had a party in the basement with the kids. Maya planned everything of course and kept us busy with music and coloring. We also had tons of goodies and treats to snack on. The kids opened their pajamas and got to bed at a decent hour -- but Maya and Josh had a difficult time falling asleep because they were so excited. I remember the same thing happening to me on Christmas Eve!


Love these little sleepy faces! Maya was good and didn't wake everybody up too early. We told her to stay in bed until 7am.

Cora is getting into Frozen! So cute to see her play dress up.
My mom and dad sent Cora this Elsa baseball hat that has a long braid coming out of the back. She refuses to wear it so Nick wore it while putting her baby stroller together! Classic and creepy. Hopefully she'll like it eventually.


Josh's favorite gift was this Coast Guard Lego ship. It took him about 45 minutes to put it together with no help from us. He is one amazing little guy!

Maya asked for an African drum. She's pretty good at it but, man, my ears are sore....


Annnnnd, more random pictures for your viewing pleasure: (If you're wondering about Maya's appearance...she got a face painting kit as a gift.)


I love my family and feel so very blessed this Christmas season!

No comments: