Friday, March 15, 2013

Utah Trip

My aunt Carol (my mom's sister) passed away in February. She was such a sweet lady. She never had a chance to have kids or anything but she always treated me and my siblings and all of her GREAT nieces and nephews like they were her own. I'm grateful our family was able to go out to Utah to be there for her memorial services. It was such a beautiful day to remember her and to be reminded of the Plan of Salvation. I know I will see her again and I'm so thankful for that.

Nick stayed with us for a few days then had to get back to work, but before he came home he had his fill of mexican food! We also went and hung out with his mom, brother Michael, and Granny Moe one day. We went to lunch and then headed over to a really cool aquariam in Sandy, UT. The kids did really well on the trip, even little sissy, Cora. Oh man, she was just so cute and sweet! My parents kept saying, "Look at her! She's always smiling! Have you heard her cry at all? I haven't." It was really awesome. We love that little peanut. Glad she did so well.

We didn't do too much while we were there, but it was so nice to just hang out and relax. I had fun catching up with my good friends Caitie and Maren...and of course Maren's cutie born in December, Charlotte. We also had a get together at my mom's house with family and friends. It was so fun seeing everyone.

Playing "restaurant" with grandma and using her tiny dishes.

Cora and her future friend, Charlotte.

This was really funny. My dad and Josh were snuggling on the recliner and the whole chair flipped backwards and they landed on the ground like this. I'm surprised Josh didn't start crying.
We got to see Caleb and Brynnlee (my niece and nephew) one day and had a good time visiting. Brynn is almost taller than me! When we moved away she was only 3....this makes me so sad. By the way, this is all Aunt Carol's jewelry that she had collected over the years. Every one got to take home a few pieces. Now every time I wear something that I picked out I can think of her. Maya LOVED picking a few pieces too.
My pretty mama. I miss her and love her so much.
Me and Caitie. One of my BFF's from growing up.
Me and my girls with Aunt Carrie and Granny Moe
It was absolutely wonderful being home for a week or so. I love it there and hope to move closer soon.

1 comment:

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Hey there you forgot your favorite people that lived in Utah...hello?!?!? I guess your off the Christmas card list! =)