Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Maya - 7 year appointment

I forgot to post this post, too. I think I started it in January. :)

We were a little behind on getting Maya in this year for her check-up. She weighed 45 pounds (19.8 percentile) and is 46 inches tall. She is still tiny but the doctor wasn't concerned and neither are we. It's not like she doesn't eat... she is probably our best eater and she has a HUGE appetite. When we have pizza for dinner I'm always so astonished how much that girl can get down -- at least 3 slices and a few breadsticks. Maya has grown a lot over the past few months. We were really struggling with her behavior and her '7 year old girl' emotional problems, but after our trip to California she completely turned it around. Don't get me wrong she still has her hard days, but for the most part she is a happy kid who stays busy all day long. She has so much energy. I wish I had half of her energy to get me through the day. She is so artistic and creative and is constantly coming up with ideas, songs, stories, imaginary situations, drawings, paintings, etc. I love that her little mind is always working. She is doing a great job in first grade, excelling in art, math, and reading! She is a great reader when she actually slows down and practices, which is proving to be a challenge. She is currently taking tap and ballet class on Monday afternoons and will start piano lessons in February.


An awesome drawing she did in art class at school. She is so talented!

No comments: