Tuesday, July 8, 2014

May, 2014

We took a trip to the zoo once it FINALLY warmed up here in Michigan. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed seeing the animals and being together. I wasn't sure how Cora would respond to the animals. She was so tiny last year and she really doesn't care much for cats and dogs, etc. She didn't seem too scared. We love having a zoo membership and go often. There is a lot of walking in between animals so sometimes we hit up one side of the zoo and leave after a few hours because everyone is tired. Then we see the other side on our next visit. Works out great!



Near the end of the month the first grade/second grade classes put on a nice music performance of all the songs they had worked on over the year. It was fun to see her perform the songs she's been singing around the house for so long. She's standing next to her buddy, Sasha.



Maya really enjoyed being a Daisy in the Girl Scouts this year. Every other Wednesday after school she would stay with her troop until 5:30pm. She learned a lot and had fun with her friends. These pictures were taken on her last night. All of the parents were invited to come and watch as the girls did a flag ceremony and earned their final awards.


The best part of the night, according to Maya...FOOD

I attended a Relief Society activity in May that was all about gardening. It got me motivated to start a garden this year and we met my goal of getting everything set up before June 1st. Nick made me the garden box as a Mother's Day gift and I love it! I bought way too many veggie plants though and we had to use the space next to the box. The garden looks a lot different now. Everything has grown so much! I will add a new picture with my June update.


Maya made a beautiful sign for our garden. She included all of the veggies, herbs, and fruit that we have growing this season. I love how excited she is about it. Every day she runs outside to check on things and to see if anything new has grown. Josh doesn't seem to care much. He says he is only interested in the cucumbers and pumpkins because everything else is so "gwoss" or "bowing". Little stinker.

I'm sure there are events that I'm missing but that's basically May in a nutshell.

No comments: