Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Josh's graduation from preschool

This year the preschool decided to spread out the ceremonies over a week so the school and parking lot wouldn't be so crowded. The kids came into the gym and sang a song then they each went on a little stage to receive their certificate. The teacher said a few nice things about each of the kids and read the kids' answers to a few questions they had asked them. Here were Josh's answers:
Favorite food: apples
Favorite thing to do at school: play at the block station
When I grow up: I want to go to work

The last question made us giggle. This kid is determined to do anything BUT work. He's happy playing legos. That's it. It's even been difficult to get him outside to play. Later he told me, "Mom, I don't really want to go to work when I'm a big dad, I just had to tell Mrs. Yessler something."

I can't believe he's done with school. I'm really going to miss having him around next fall when he starts Kindergarten. I think Cora will definitley miss having her buddy around -- she follows him around the house all day. They are so sweet together. I'm so proud of how much he has learned this year. Not just academically, but he has really grown socially and is becoming such a fun little kid. He stands up for himself more and has more confidence in himself.


This is the face he makes when he is nervous or embarrassed. He bites his bottom lip and stares blankly ahead. He did it throughout the entire ceremony! Maya kept saying, "why is he doing that weird face? What is wrong with him?" Haha.

Good job little buddy!

No comments: